The Marsh is a special piece. It started when my friend Dwight Isaacs of Shabby Chic in Bay St. Louis brought me the piece of sheet metal. It was a "thundermaker" from the old Bay St Louis Little Theatre, which was obliterated in Katrina. The thundermaker had been given to Dwight by our mutual friend Jerry Dixon, longtime gallery owner in Bay St. Louis. I was represented by Jerry's gallery, Serenity, for my first five years in the Bay. The sheet metal is layered with one of the paintings which I rescued from Jerry'sold building, and the metal egret came from an antique store which used to be on the beach in the Bay. The support for the piece is the top to an old table. 19" x 28" SOLD

No comments:

"Northeast Quadra nt" from The Katrina Collection The Katrina Collection is a series of mixed media assemblages which incorpor...