The Katrina Collection is evolving. In the beginning, all of the pieces were about the storm itself, and my reaction to the event. As I began working through the healing process, I discovered that I was able to focus on creating works from the debris that were more about the joy of creating than about the event. Now, another level has been reached. I am still using debris in all of the pieces, but I am beginning to incorporate elements which I am finding in my travels, and which were not necessarily dug out of rubbish piles. I see this as another step forward in the struggle to incorporate the storm into my life, and make it my own.

1 comment:

hildA said...

I absolutely love the whole set. Very impressive and inspiring. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your possessions, especially the creative part as they are not easily replaced. I will be a regular visitor, thank you for sharing your beautiful work.

"Northeast Quadra nt" from The Katrina Collection The Katrina Collection is a series of mixed media assemblages which incorpor...