Eye Glass incorporates several layers of meaning. The support is handmade paper which I created from muddy bits of paper after the storm; I was drawn to the fragments because of the gold stars. They reminded me of the night after the storm; without any lights, the stars were more intense than I have ever seen them. The digital images are of the sunset over the wreckage of Clermont Harbor; the light coming through the trees was beautiful, even among the ruins of my town. The text is another fragment of the Barthe letters, and an image of my eyes is seen through my husband’s magnifying glass. Eye Glass is completed with a damaged frame and twisted piece of decorative metal. 24" x 12 1/2" SOLD

No comments:

"Northeast Quadra nt" from The Katrina Collection The Katrina Collection is a series of mixed media assemblages which incorpor...