Live With Intention (or "Will Ye Go to the Indies My Mary?") is based around the miniature book of poetry by Robert Browning. I love these little books for their dual existence as book and as small treasure; they feel more like a precious jewel in your hands. This piece has several layers of references to transportation to another time and space. The poem I chose to feature references travel, in my opinion a fine method of portaling; the book itself references the remarkable ability of poetry and prose to take us around the world and beyond, and the found paper on the front cover indicates the necessity of self-awareness for meaningful experience. I covered the  portal box in found papers, including an over sized page of the poem, and added the pieces of jewelry. On the front cover is, of course, Mary herself.  5.5 x 8" x 2".

No comments:

"Northeast Quadra nt" from The Katrina Collection The Katrina Collection is a series of mixed media assemblages which incorpor...