y
I made this piece at the request of my friends Wendy McDonald and David Walker of Habitat for Humanity Bay-Waveland Area. They asked me to create a piece for President and First Lady Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter in appreciation for their efforts rebuilding the Gulf Coast. They asked that the piece not only be composed of hurricane debris from the storm, but include personal mementos from the 10 families that received new homes during the Carter Work Project. Thousands of volunteers from around the world joined the Carters in coastal Mississippi during the third week of May. I was honored to join the Carters for lunch, and present them with this piece of art. Needless to say, it was quite a thrill.

1 comment:

GlorV1 said...

Just beautiful! I know the Carters loved their piece. Excellent.

"Northeast Quadra nt" from The Katrina Collection The Katrina Collection is a series of mixed media assemblages which incorpor...